Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting service applies to keeping and/or sharing particular web content on a web hosting server run by a website hosting company. There are different categories of hosting services used for different aims, so let's explore these. In that way, you can decide what you want, based on whether you wish to launch a web page, mail aliases, or to share files with buddies and associates.
- File hosting: a solution made available by certain firms, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting services are frequently supported by displaying advertisements next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a given period of time to observe them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly inappropriate interpretation of the actual denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would allocate the load between separate groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different web site hosting services (email, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a sort of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some distributors provide a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting kind is good if you wish to share a huge amount of images with friends or colleagues since the service is generally free. You will get a random link for each and every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to tackling your e-mail box accounts. Some corporations offer web hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you wish to keep a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to own a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can create e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video creates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video files and a few hundred website viewers, you may have a problem with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video will enable you to keep as many videos as you want to without hassling about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to possess a web site. To a certain degree, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting variants since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can run databases and mails, upload video clips, and so on. At Exclusive Hosting, for instance, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be restrictions depending on the kind of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the standard email/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for particular content exclusively.